RaspberryPi Model B+
Its all over the internets! RaspberryPi Model B+ is the new thing from Raspberry Pi foundation. To be honest I am not that excited as I don’t see many improovements. Still same processor, still same amount of ram. Have a look below for the new features and decide yourself if it worths selling your old one for buying the B+ model.
- More GPIO. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model B.
- More USB. We now have 4 USB 2.0 ports, compared to 2 on the Model B, and better hotplug and overcurrent behaviour.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Neater form factor. We’ve aligned the USB connectors with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes.