40 Raspberry Pi cluster
A brilliant project from engineer David Guill. David wanted a cluster to work on distributed software so he designed and build his own supercomputer!
Here are the specifications of the final system:
- 40 cores Broadcom BCM2835 @700 MHz
- 20 GB total distributed RAM
- 5 TB disk storage – upgradeable to 12 TB
- ~440 GB flash storage
- Internal 10/100 network connects individual nodes
- Internal wireless N network can be configured as an access point or bridge.
- External ports: four 10/100 LAN and one gigabit LAN (internal network), 1 router uplink
- Case has a mostly toolless design, facilitating easy hot-swapping of parts
- Outer dimenions: 9.9″ x 15.5″ x 21.8″.
- Approximate system cost of $3,000. (The first one cost slightly more.)
Have a look in this link for more information.