FRDM-KV31F Development Board – The absolute value for money!
Everyday, the last few years we see new developement boards hitting the market and with most of them we are pleased with the delivering performance and with the low cost. But there are some like FRDM-KV31F that break the competition! Do you remember few years ago if you wanted a development board with 120mhz processor and 512kb memory how much you had to spend? Now the cost is just 21 euro and it includes a bunch of sensors,led,buttons etc.
The Freescale Freedom development platform offers a wide variety of small, lowpower, cost-effective evaluation and development boards for quick application prototyping and demonstration of Kinetis MCUs and Freescale sensors. Kinetis V series is a family of devices targeting motor and power control applications for the mass market with a strong focus on enablement. The FRDM-KV31F motor development kit is a board platform comprising two Freescale Freedom development boards, including the FRDM-KV31F and FRDM-MC-LVPMSM .
• MKV31F512VLL12 MCU with FPU – 120MHz, 512KB Flash, 64KB SRAM, 100 LQFP
• Motor Control I/O, accelerometer/Magnetometer FXOS8700CQ, Tri-color LED, Flexible power supply options – USB, external source • Two (2) user push-button switches for NMI interrupts and LLWU wake up (SW2/SW3)
• Thermistor sensor to measuring temperature
• Form factor compatible with Arduino ™ R3 pin layout
• New, OpenSDA debug interface − Mass storage device flash programming interface (default) – no tool installation required to evaluate demo apps − MBED Debug interface provides run-control debugging and compatibility with IDE tools − CMSIS-DAP interface: new ARM standard for embedded debug interface
http://www.farnell.com/cad/1961392.pdf , http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1961391.pdf