2.0.0-beta.17 released [Breaking Changes]
Angular team released another beta this week, which unfortunately has some breaking changes. This is normal and should be expected if you are building apps with beta frameworks.
#... now always means
- Outside of
#...meant a reference.
- Inside of
ngFor, it meant a local variable.
This was pattern was confusing.
<template #abc>now defines a reference to a TemplateRef, instead of an input variable used inside of the template.
- Inside of structural directives that declare local variables, such as
*ngFor, usage of
#...is deprecated. Use
<div *ngFor="#item of items">now becomes
<div *ngFor="let item of items">
ngFor, use the syntax:
<template ngFor let-... [ngForOf]="...">
- changelog: fix changelog script. (c209836)
- compiler: Allow templates to access variables that are declared afterwards. (1e8864c), closes #8261
- core: properly evaluate expressions with conditional and boolean operators (1ad2a02), closes #8235 #8244 #8282
- metadata: Do not attach module names to metadata. (d964888), closes #8225 #8082 #8256
- testing: allow test component builder to override directives from lists (ff2ae7a), closes #7397 #8217
- compiler: ElementSchema now has explicit DOM schema information (d327ac4), closes #8179
- core: separate refs from vars. (d2efac1), closes #7158 #8264